Screened porches are a great addition to any home – they allow you to enjoy the great outdoors without the bugs and other pests. Unfortunately, they can quickly get chilly, especially during the colder months. Whether you want to use your screened porch to entertain guests or relax with a book, keeping it warm and cosy is necessary. So, how to heat a screened porch? In this blog post, we’ll share eight pro tips to help you stay warm and comfortable in your screened porch all year round.
To heat a screened porch, consider options like infrared heaters, electric space heaters, or a fireplace for cozy warmth during colder months.
How To Heat A Screened Porch | 8 Pro Tips
1. Use a Space Heater – A space heater is a simple and effective way to heat a screened porch. Just plug it in, turn it on, and you’ll have instant heat.
There are plenty of options on the market, but choose one suitable for outdoor use. A propane heater is an excellent option as it doesn’t require electricity and can be easily moved around.
2. Add a Rug – You may not think of a rug as a way to heat a room, but adding a thick, cosy rug can help keep your screened porch warm. Rugs are incredible at insulating floors, which can reduce heat loss. Not to mention, they add a nice decorative touch to your porch.
3. Install Outdoor Curtains – Outdoor curtains provide some privacy and help keep the heat in. Choose heavy-duty curtains made of canvas or PVC that can withstand the outdoor elements. You can close the curtains on chilly nights to keep the warmth inside.
4. Use a Fire Pit – A fire pit is an excellent option for heating a screened porch while adding some ambience. It’s essential to choose a fire pit suitable for outdoor use and consider the size of your porch before purchasing. A tabletop fire pit might be a better option if you have a smaller screened porch.
5. Install Ceiling Fans – Installing ceiling fans may seem counterintuitive when trying to keep a room warm, but they can effectively spread heat throughout a space. By running the fans on a low setting in a clockwise direction, you can redistribute warm air that accumulates at the ceiling.
6. Insulate Your Porch – If you plan on spending a lot of time on your screened porch, it might be worthwhile to insulate it. While this can be costly, it will provide the most effective solution for keeping your porch warm during the colder months. Insulation can help to keep heat from escaping and reduce your heating bills.
7. Use Solar-Powered Lights – Solar-powered lights are energy efficient, environmentally friendly, and add a cosy touch to your screened porch. They’re affordable and easy to install, so you can create a warm and welcoming atmosphere without breaking the bank.
8. Invest in Outdoor Furniture Made for Cooler Weather – Consider investing in outdoor furniture for cooler weather. Heated seats, blankets, and even jackets are available on the market. These items let you stay warm and comfortable on your porch year-round.
Also Read: How Does Home Theater Projector Work?
What Is The Cheapest Way To Heat A Porch?
Many of us naturally gravitate towards cosying up inside the house as the cold weather comes in. However, if you’re lucky enough to have a porch, you know how pleasant it can be to enjoy the fresh air, even in the colder months. But how do you keep it warm without breaking the bank?
Heating a porch doesn’t have to cost a fortune, and there are several cost-effective ways to keep your porch toasty. Now let’s explore some of the cheapest ways to heat your porch so you can enjoy it all winter.
1. Install a Space Heater
Installing a space heater is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to heat your porch. Space heaters come in various shapes and sizes and can be easily moved to where you need them.
A portable space heater is an excellent option if you’re on a tight budget. Look for energy-efficient models that will help keep your costs low.
2. Use an Infrared Heater
Infrared heaters are another option to consider. They use electromagnetic radiation to heat objects rather than the air around them, which means they’re more efficient than traditional space heaters.
Infrared heaters also work well in outdoor spaces, so they’re an excellent option for heating your porch. These heaters are more expensive than space heaters but are still cheaper than central heating.
Also Read: Why Is My Electric Heater Making Noise?
3. Invest in a Patio Heater
Patio heaters are another great option for heating your porch. They are designed for outdoor spaces and come in many styles and designs. You can choose from gas, electric, or propane-powered models.
Gas and propane-powered heaters tend to be more expensive, but they’re also more powerful. Electric patio heaters are a more affordable option. Whichever type of patio heater you choose, make sure they are energy-efficient models.
4. Utilize Solar Heating
Solar heating is the way to go if you’re looking for a more eco-friendly and sustainable option. You can invest in a solar-powered space heater that will help heat your porch on sunny days.
Additionally, you can also install solar panels to power electric heating systems. While this option might be more expensive upfront, it can save you money in the long run.
5. Insulate Your Porch
Insulating your porch is the most cost-effective way to keep it warm. You don’t need to go overboard; adding some insulation to the walls and flooring can make a big difference.
This will help your porch retain heat better, meaning you’ll need less heat to keep it warm. It’s an investment upfront, but it will save you money over time by reducing the energy you need to keep your porch warm.
Also Read: Are Electric Oil Heaters Safe?
We hope these eight tips on how to heat your screened porch help you stay cosy and comfortable in any weather. Several options range from simple and affordable to more elaborate and expensive.
By trying out a few of these pro tips, you can find the best solution for heating your screened porch and enjoy it year-round!