When you’re looking for a new radiator for your bathroom, you might wonder what the difference is between a traditional radiator and a heated towel rail. In addition to controlling how much heat your room needs, heated towel rails have many benefits over traditional radiators. So let’s find out can a heated towel rail replace a radiator?
A heated towel rail can supplement a radiator by providing warmth and drying towels. However, it may not fully replace a radiator’s heating capacity for the entire room.
Can A Heated Towel Rail Replace A Radiator | Let’s Find Out
Maybe you’re wondering if a heated towel rail can replace your radiator. We get this question a lot here at Heated Towel Rails Direct.
Alternatives to traditional radiators include heated towel rails. They’re easier to install and use, and you can adjust the thermostat to heat rooms or people. They’re also more controllable than radiators, which tend to be either too hot or too cold depending on the situation–a major advantage!
Yes, but there are a few things to consider first. Heated towel rails are a great alternative to traditional radiators but are not for everyone.
- Consider your bathroom’s size and how much heat you need. Heated towel rails won’t replace radiators in every situation, but they should work for most.
- Think about how much power you’re going to use. You could replace your old-fashioned radiators with a heated towel rail if you don’t mind using more electricity than usual and paying higher bills.
- Before buying a radiator, determine whether it will fit comfortably in each room without taking up too much space or being too large. It might be better to install one nearby if the old radiator was removed and the removal created extra space (like removing wallpaper). In addition, it prevents overcrowding in certain areas!
Also Read: What Size Towel Rail For Bathroom?
Difference Between A Heated Towel Rail And Traditional Radiator
In the same way, a radiator distributes heat; heated towel rails distribute heat using a long pipe. In contrast to traditional radiators, towel rails are filled with hot water and used to dry clothes.
Heated towel rails are commonly found in bathrooms and can be installed at any height. It’s not connected to pipes or wires so you can move it around.
A heated towel rail differs from a traditional radiator in a few ways:
1) Heat Transfer: Traditional radiators transfer heat through convection and radiation. Heat is transferred by conduction and convection in a heated towel rail.
2) Installation: Traditional radiators have professional installation, whereas heated towel rails can go almost anywhere (on furniture or floors). Because they don’t require plumbing or electricity, they’re also easier to install than traditional radiators.
Also Read: Do Anthracite Towel Rails Rust?
Advantages Of Using Heated Towel Rails Over Radiators
In terms of heating, radiators are the most common. There are also a lot of other options. Heated towel rails are one of them. Heated towel rails work like radiators in that they heat a room but don’t have pipes or valves. Plus, they’re quieter and more energy efficient.
Here are some reasons why you should consider using heated towel rails instead of radiators:
1) They’re easier to install – Unlike radiators, heated towel rails don’t require complicated installation, unlike pipes and valves. You just need to mount them on walls and plug them in!
2) They’re more energy efficient – Unlike radiators that heat water, heated towel rails heat metal bars directly, which heats the air surrounding them. Your electricity bill will be lower than if you used radiators!
3) They’re quieter – Radiant heaters are loud and make your house feel hot before you get out of the shower, but heated towel rails are quiet and don’t blast you with hot or cold air before you’re ready.
A Heated Towel Rail May Be Perfect For Your Needs
The heated towel rail may be the perfect replacement for your radiator. If you want modern bathroom furniture, a heated towel rail can give you more control over heat than a conventional radiator.
The LED lighting is perfect for those dark winter mornings preparing for work!
Is It Easy To Change A Radiator To A Towel Rail?
It depends on the radiator.
You can change the radiator if it’s already a heated towel rail. First, turn off the towel rail. Unscrew the old towel rail and replace it with a new one. You’ll need to install a towel rail if there’s none already there.
If your home has a radiator but doesn’t want a heated towel rail, you can still change it into one by installing an adapter kit. Make sure you know what kind of adapter kit you’re using before you proceed, though, because you’ll need to turn off the power to the radiator first.
When everything is off and disconnected from any water supply lines or sprinklers (if applicable), remove any screws holding it and lift out your old radiator/heated towel rail assembly.
Use the Allen wrenches that came with your adapter kit (or something else that fits snugly) to install your new one.
So, Can A Heated Towel Rail Replace A Radiator? A heated towel rail might be a good choice if you’re looking for an easy-to-install radiator replacement that doesn’t take up much space.
It’s easy to find one that fits your bathroom space perfectly! They come in all different shapes and sizes, so you shouldn’t have trouble finding one.